Getting Pledges... People love to help!
Tips for Getting Pledges:
1. First, remember that you do have to ask! Use a personal approach — people are giving to you as much as or sometimes more than they are to the cause.
2. Don’t limit your donation requests to only close, personal friends. Utilize other contact methods such as e-mail lists, online social networks, patrons and owners of businesses you frequent, etc. The Official Life-A-Thon website makes this easy!
3. Ask people if their employers will match their gifts, many companies do.
4. Carry your pledge form and Life-A-Thon info everywhere you go!
5. Don’t sell yourself or the cause short. Don’t decide for people what they should pledge. Suggest they make a pledge that is significant to them, and if asked about a suitable amount, reiterate why supporting WELS Lutherans for Life matters to you. Then ask them what they’d feel comfortable with giving.
Sharing your passion for Life-A-Thon helps people feel good about supporting you!
"Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11