Involving Your School or Church
1. Register online through Life-A-Thon.org or via phone at 414-727-8176. When you register, indicate the school/church you’re part of (if it’s not listed yet, you can easily add it there). Below that, please check the box that says “I will be a contact for the school/church”.
2. Spread the word! Invite as many families as possible to register*. You can find announcements, flyers and pledge forms to make this easy! We recommend your team attend and meet at the same site* (Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in Mequon or McCarty Park in West Allis).
Example message: “We’re participating at McCarty Park. Look for Mr.Smith in his St. Paul's t-shirt. ”
3. Keep spreading the word:) In this crazy world we often need to hear a message a few times.
4. Get Donations! Encourage your team to ask for donations. It’s easy to sponsor a walker in online or on paper:
Online: Go high tech and super-easy:
Fundeasy page (you'll receive an email from WELS Lutherans for Life with the subject, "Thanks for registering as a Walker/Runner."
Off-line: Old school and personable:
Download & print pledge forms (on the Promo page) & send them home with your students/members & make them available in the office.
Tell sponsors to earmark your team for any donations they send in: WELS Lutherans for Life, 8501 W. Lincoln Ave. West Allis, WI 53227.
5. Enjoy Life-A-Thon knowing that YOU are helping change hearts and save lives! Perhaps your team will even win a Silver Sneaker Award!
Bonus: If 20 people are registered for a school team 2 weeks prior to the event, we will make special pins for the team. These can be picked up and distributed by a school contact at the event.
*On-site registration will be available the day of the event, but we really prefer pre-registration:)
*Participants are welcome to participate virtually and walk/run on their own.
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12